The Model Publication Scheme
All Scottish public authorities have adopted the Commissioner’s Model Publication Scheme. Download a copy below.
Model Publication Scheme
It is very important that you read our Guide to the Model Publication Scheme.
Model Publication Scheme Guide for public authorities
How to adopt the Scheme
To adopt the Model Publication Scheme you will need to:
1. Make a formal decision to adopt the Scheme.
2. Identify the information your authority holds that falls into the Scheme’s classes of information. Our guidance explains how to do this.
3. Produce and publish a Guide to Information – read more about Guides to Information, the information authorities should publish and how it should be made available (formats, charging, copyright, assistance, etc).
4. New authorities must notify the Commissioner that the authority has adopted the Scheme by sending us a completed Notification Form. Once you have notified us, you do not need to do this again unless there is a substantive change in your authority. Please download the notification form below, complete it and send it to us.
Model Publication Scheme Notification Form
5. Finally, you need to make arrangements to keep the Guide to Information up to date – see advice about reviewing and maintaining a Guide to Information. Read more about maintaining your Guide
Back to Top