Scottish Public Authorities
This part of the website brings together information, guidance and resources of particular interest to public authorities covered by the Act.
This part of the website contains a range of resources and support for Scottish public authorities, to help them comply with legislation and adopt best practice.
- Self-assessment toolkit - new resources to give authorities the tools they need to assess their FOI practice and plan improvements. The first module Responding on Time is now available and we are developing the second, on Searching for, Locating and Retrieving Information, due for publication in December 2014.
- New to FOI? Resources for new authorities - developed specially for leisure, sporting and cultural trusts, this section groups together all the relevant guidance for any new authority.
- Publication Schemes
- how to adopt the Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme and the Notification Form. This section is due to be revised in December for the 2015 scheme adoptions.
- Briefings and guidance
- a list of all our guidance and resources, all in one place.
- Statistics we gather from Scottish public authorities - a link to the statistics portal where you can download the quarterly returns and instructions about submitting statistics to us
Back to Top