Welcome to the Commissioner's self-assessment toolkit. Here we publish resources to help authorities to:
- Capture current activity and practice
- Assess how well they are performing against a set of standards
- Improve their FOI practices, procedures and administrative arrangements
Getting started with the toolkit
The toolkit modules are each made up of two documents:
- Standards and Criteria - introduction to the specific module, expected outcomes and legal context, characteristics of good practice, ratings and evaluation criteria.
- Assessment Questions and Evidence Grid - a workbook of questions, specific to the module, with sections to record evidence, strengths and areas for improvement.
There are additional support materials with each module. Click on the module name below to go to the module resources.